Michael Oviedo is the Lead Manual Therapy Specialist at Sports Academy at The Star. Michael started in the fitness industry in 1997, performing a wide variety of roles from trainer, and master instructor, to research and development in the nutrition and supplementation world. After working with Jamie Foxx as his personal trainer for Django Unchained in 2012, he has been involved in soft tissue therapy and corrective exercise. He was the founder of Onstage Fitness, LLC in California where he worked with celebrities and VIPs. Some of his notable clients include Jennifer Grey, Clark Gregg, Tobey Maguire, and Amar’e Stoudemire.
In 2014, he was given the opportunity to work with Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers. During the 2015/16 NBA season, he became his exclusive practitioner, traveling with him on his farewell tour. He moved to Frisco, Texas in 2016, where he utilizes his knowledge of human movement to assess and train clients. He has a passion for staying current in manual therapy, the strength & conditioning industry, and nutrition; and is always looking for ways to improve his work and the lives of his clients.
· College and Professional Athletes Education: CSU Long Beach, B.A. Physical Education, Athletic Training
· California University Pennsylvania, M.S. Exercise Science
· Texas Licensed Massage Therapist (MT127609)
· California Certified Massage Therapist (45092)
· National Academy of Sports Medicine, Corrective Exercise Specialist National Academy of Sports Medicine, Performance Enhancement Specialist National Academy of Sports Medicine, Certified Personal Trainer
· CPR/AED certified